Eclipse Page
This is my favorite page in the yearbook so far. In fact, this was only the second page I designed, with the help of Dan and Dunaway, but this was the first page I designed with a relative idea of what I was doing. Sitting with Dan and Dunaway, we created the big idea of the page: the prominent panorama of the eclipse up top with the partial cutout. From there, I designed the remaining elements. Although the rest of the page is less important to the layout as a whole, I am satisfied with the general simplicity and clean cut look of this layout. Furthermore, designing the rest of this page was satisfying because I finally understood the rules of spacing between dominant modules and secondary modules. I suspect that this will continue to be one of my favorite pages (if not favorite page) in the book. I constantly go back to this page to pull elements for other pages because I know we've nailed our vision on this page.

Comments
Post a Comment